Last Updated: March 7, 2019
In General, we may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you (“non-personal information”). We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide.We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We may also request information about your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown or your username.
- Information from other sources. From time to time, we may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties. We may also receive information about our users from third party platforms, such as Weed Maps.
- Information about others.We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name and image.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our website or application. This information could include your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (See “Cookies” below ),and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website or application, we may assign your device one or more cookies [link to cookies section],to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other websites where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our site to show you the type of 184.108.40.206 advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Although you may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you may control the collection of data on our site used for targeted 220.127.116.11 advertising during your visits to other websites. To opt-out of 18.104.22.168 data collection for targeted advertising on other sites, click here to [Opt Out Now link]. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies [link this] please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons [link to this] and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies [link to cookies], to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How we use the information we collect
n general, we may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you from us or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- perform ad tracking and website or mobile application analytics;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information.We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, should they be offered, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants.If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions.
Please review “Your choices about collection and use of your information” [link to this section]below.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our website or mobile applications from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers:We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our site. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners:When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites or applications, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Other Situations.We also may disclose your information, including personal information :
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information.We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with IAC companies and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our site and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party mobile application ad tracking and analytics, please visit here.
Do Not Track Disclosure
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our site because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- When you register on our site, you consent to receive email messages from us. You may modify this consent later by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you transactional and relationship emails, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- Our applications may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications in your device’s settings in your 22.214.171.124 account under “Account Settings” or by deleting the relevant application.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. See “below for information about declining or deleting cookies” [link to this section] below for information about declining or deleting cookies.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Cookies on our website do not link to or store your personal information.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name associated with your user or member ID in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
Opting-Out of Advertising Cookies.
You may opt out of our data collection for use by third party ad companies to provide targeted 126.96.36.199 advertising to you when you visit other sites. Cookies are unique to each computer. Therefore, you must opt out separately on all computers you use. If you delete all of your cookies (specifically, the “Opt-Out” cookie), you will have to go through the opt-out process again to reactivate your opted-out status. You can opt out of receiving such advertising-related cookies by clicking below.
Opt out now [link to opt out of cookies].
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. Third parties may use anonymous information about your visits to our site and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
How we protect your personal information
The security and protection of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented various physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or a wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Service, 188.8.131.52 cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide through the Service, and you do so at your own risk.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
184.108.40.206 does not direct its Service to Users under the age of 21. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please email us at [email protected] or by mail to: CheckMJ LLC, P.O. Box 10208, Marina del Rey, CA 90295. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
Pursuant to the California Civil Code Sections 1798.83, Users who are California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed their personal data (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of data disclosed to those third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice please email us at [email protected] or send a written request to: CheckMJ LLC, P.O. Box 10208, Marina del Rey, CA 90295.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
P.O. Box 10208
arina del Rey, CA 90295
© 2019CheckMJLLC. All rights reserved.