CheckMJ allows users to contribute various kinds of content including reviews, issue reports, photos and more. While we don’t think that treating others respectfully is much to ask, we’ve put together some general guidelines that summarize what we expect from our users.
- Inappropriate Content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, or other displays of bigotry will not be tolerated and will result in suspension or termination of a user’s account.
- Conflicts of Interest: Please make your contributions as unbiased and objective as possible so that those reading reviews and issue reports are getting the most truthful and factual information possible.
- Promotional Content: We are not in the business of promoting any one business or group of businesses; our mission is to improve the cannabis industry as a whole through allowing users to shine light on both great businesses and those that may have gone a bit off the rails with their business practices. Please keep posts and content focused on quality of business and not to promoting a business, product or service.
- Relevance: Reviews should focus on a company’s business practices and handling of issues that impact the clients or vendors they work with on a transactional basis. Posts on CheckMJ are not the place for rants about politics or matters unrelated to business that don’t address the core of the business experience and relationship.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other users without their permission.
- Intellectual property: Please don’t take content from other sites or users; CheckMJ users should be writing their own reviews and posting their own photos and videos!
The best reviews are personal, detailed and provide color on strengths and weaknesses for other businesses that may work with the business being reviewed. Here are some additional thoughts for conscientious reviewers.
- Personal Business Experience: We want to hear about your firsthand business experience, not what you have heard from anyone else. Tell your own story without resorting to generalizations or conclusory allegations.
- Accuracy: Make sure your review is factually correct. Feel free to provide your opinions, but don’t exaggerate or misrepresent your experience. CheckMJ does not take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect users to stand behind their reviews. For submitting an issue report, CheckMJ requires without exception that the user have documentation around the issue including but not limited to invoices, proof of legal or collections action, or a police report.
Review Updates: Review updates should reflect a new experience or interaction with the business. If you’d like to add new information or insight to a previous experience, you can edit your review within 30 days of posting it.